The Stock Market Project

In LA, we are reading a book called The Westing Game.

The Westing Game is a mystery novel with a lot of main characters. One of the characters is a 13 year-old girl named Turtle Wexler. Turtle is obsessed with the stock market, so we started a project where we are given 20,000 fake dollars and get to choose which companies to “invest” in. Whoever gets the most money wins.

I chose to invest 21 shares in Walt Disney Co, which was probably a bad idea because I am losing a lot of money from it.

I also invested 30 shares in Starbucks Co, and sometimes is is down a bit and sometimes it is up a lot of dollars.

I bought 13 shares of Nike Inc, and the cost is about the same.

I invested in 11 shares of Apple Inc and it has gone up a few dollars.

Lululemon Athletica Inc is  up by about 20 dollars, and it is my best investment, especially because I bought 27 shares.

Lastly, I bought 9 shares of Hilton Worldwide Holding Inc, and a share is up about 30 cents, so I gained 2.88 dollars from it.

Currently, I am up 694.93 dollars, and I just lost fifth place in the contest by about ten dollars 😭😭😭.

Here is my logo:

Here are my shares:

One of the math teachers taught us how to program our spreadsheets, but here is template if you want to use it. DO NOT TOUCH THE RED OR GREEN BOXES!!!!!!

The link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/160_xOWZ58Ngcm_uziF50_L7XV55QGSef50v-i-gQQSY/edit